Thursday, November 3, 2022

Which expressions mean the most to me and why

 

Of the eight values of free expression, I think the participation in self-government and promoting innovation resonate with me the most. I think it is extremely important for everyone to be well informed and involved in politics and what is going on within our government. As a young adult, we are the future and it effects our day to day lives whether we think about it or not. In order to continue growing as a society it is important that our younger generations are educated on the problems we face to allow further growth. With that being said, promoting innovation allows for citizens to be more active in fulfilling themselves in many diverse ways. Personally, diversity is important in every community because it allows for knowledge and culture to be shared throughout all people. Growing up a military child, one of the things I am actually most thankful for is having the opportunity to move around as a kid and picking up different customs from all around the world. Free speech allows for a community to be more energized, creative and overall more involved. These two expressions are very compatible, and I see both in action today. There are more and more younger kids and adults becoming proactive in elections, supporting new ideas, and even running for office. With just these two together the people get the opportunity to speak and be heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How media plays a role in my life

I remember when I was in elementary school and my mom got the first iPhone to come out. This was huge, and now I am twenty years old and iPh...