Sunday, November 27, 2022

EOTO Peer Presentations

 I always knew carrier pigeons were a thing. However, I didn't realize how prominent asset they were during War. A classmate of mine gave a presentation of the history of carrier pigeons, and I learned a tremendous amount that I have never even thought was possible. They used these birds to transmit messages back and fourth to homelands from war with updates. Since carrier pigeons were used so frequently during these times, it was common to shoot them down when seen to try and prevent messages from being sent. Pigeons were even transported in tanks with small port holes in the sides for them to be released from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How media plays a role in my life

I remember when I was in elementary school and my mom got the first iPhone to come out. This was huge, and now I am twenty years old and iPh...